2017 Trimester Summary
|Study Period||Teaching weeks||Exam week||End of trimester break|
|Trimester 1||13 Feb - 12 May 2017||8 May - 12 May 2017||15 May - 26 May 2017|
|Trimester 2||29 May - 25 Aug 2017||21 Aug - 25 Aug 2017||28 Aug - 15 Sep 2017|
|Trimester 3||18 Sep - 15 Dec 2017||11 Dec - 15 Dec 2017||18 Dec 2017 - 9 Feb 2018|
2017 Trimester, Re-enrolment and Census Dates
This table contains the dates for the study periods throughout the year, the final dates for online re-enrolment and the census dates which are the last dates a student is able to withdraw from a unit, module or course without academic penalty.
|Study Period||Teaching Dates||Re-enrolment period opens||Online Re-enrolment Closes||Census Dates|
|Trimester 1||13 Feb - 12 May 2017||Mon 7 Nov 2016||Sun 5 Feb 2017||Fri 3 Mar 2017|
|Trimester 2||29 May - 25 Aug 2017||Mon 13 Mar 2017||Sun 21 May 2017||Fri 16 June 2017|
|Trimester 3||18 Sep - 15 Dec 2017||Mon 26 Jun 2017||Sun 10 Sep 2017||Fri 6 Oct 2017
2017 Public Holidays (Non-teaching days)
|Trimester 1||Trimester 2||Trimester 3|
13 Mar - Labour Day
14 Apr - Good Friday
17 Apr - Easter Monday
25 Apr - Anzac Day
12 Jun - Queen’s Birthday
29 Sep - AFL Grand Final Day
7 Nov - Melbourne Cup
Public holidays are relevant to Victoria.
Classes will proceed during public holidays in other states/territories not relevant to Victoria.
Academic Results Release Dates
What is the timeline for approval of my results and why can’t they be approved before the next term starts?
- Most units or modules require last assignments to be submitted in the last two weeks of trimester, and exams are held in the last week (Week 12).
- Teaching staff then need to mark the assessments and this process takes around three weeks.
- Results are then recorded in an online grade book.
- It takes about five days to download the results into the student management system and, very importantly, to validate those results which are then made available to the School.
- The School then analyses those results for each student. Some changes are made to results at this time and the reasons for those changes are recorded and reported on to the Board of Examiners. The School must be satisfied that the marks for their students are correct.
- The Board of Examiners then meets as a last stage in the process to approve results which can then be released to students.
Results Release Dates for T3 2016 and 2017
|Study Period||Trimester ends||Board of Examiners Meetings||Results released to students||Trimester census dates|
|Trimester 3 2016||16/12/2016||27/01/2017||27/01/2017||07/10/2016|
|Trimester 1 2017||12/05/2017||09/06/2017||09/06/2017||03/03/2017|
|Trimester 2 2017||25/08/2017||29/09/2017||29/09/2017||16/06/2017|